Thursday, January 26, 2012

JAM-PACKED

That would pretty much describe the closet in my daughter's old room, as well as, my upcoming weekend. 

First the closet.

I cannot believe how much I was able to cram into a 4 x 6 space. 
 Here is only a portion of what I have already taken out of there:





And here is what I still have to remove:



Since I will be doing the same thing in my son's room, this will be a great time to organize, re-vamp and throw away.  

Why am I doing this?  New carpet for one.  And the other is the reason for my jam packed weekend.

She's moving back home! 

This new development happened this week and I am in "full-steam-ahead" mode.  Thankfully we had already begun the process of clearing out the room and painting.  That all happened last weekend (before we knew she was moving back home).  What's left to do now is to paint the trim and doors and have new carpet installed. I also need to repaint the iron bed that will go back in there, as well as, the dresser, and buy mattresses.  (see this post)  And then of course there is always a ton of last minute odds and ends to do when trying to wrap up this kind of project, but those may have to wait.  Right now the carpet and furniture are the priorities.

And as if all this were not enough I have yet to pick out carpet so I need to do that today and schedule an installation; move EVERYTHING out of my son's room because we are also replacing the carpet in there; AND painting my mother-in-law's living room.  This was a commitment we made last weekend and need to follow through and finish it this weekend.  Oh yea, and I have a doctor's appointment and a dental appointment to keep.

Whew!  What am I doing still on this computer?  In the words of Niecy Nash of Clean House, I've got to "Go Get to Gettin." 

No comments:

Post a Comment