Friday, July 11, 2014

Second Guessing


I visualize a room and then I always ALWAYS second guess myself.  

I wanted our T. V. room to be cozy and inviting. I wanted it to draw you in. I've been in those kind of rooms but honestly I don't know how to create one.  My vision was white walls and to leave the bookshelves stained to offset the light wall color and warm the room.  (Trust me. I have no idea what I'm talking about!!). I thought the stained bookshelves would look better with the type of things we have to put in them. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I wanted a more masculine look.

The larger sitting room in this house will get a little more formal look.

I came so very close to putting the brakes on our project when the first wall got two roller strokes of white paint. What was I thinking? "This is NOT going to look good. Shouldn't I have gone with a beige?" I zipped my lips and allowed the process to continue! 

I went back to Mississippi and left BJ here to continue painting and trimming out the room. I walked in it for the first time in two weeks could not have been happier! "See! You knew the white walls were what this room needed!" 

Hoping to share the room in its entirety soon! A good bit of work left to do and I want it to be at its best when I reveal it. It needs all the help I can give it. Still not sure about the bookcases!! Don't judge them yet! I am not a fan of this yellowish wood color either but when you see the entire room they are not so bad. 


Or are they????




1 comment:

  1. Absolutely not! I have confidence in ur decorating taste! Its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete