Thursday, January 16, 2014

TIME TO BUCKLE DOWN & RANDOM RAMBLINGS!




1. I'M BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN. 
Well...not really in the saddle!  But I AM back in Texas!

2. OUR APARTMENT SHRUNK WHILE I WAS GONE.

 Just kidding! It just seems like it. 

3. THE SCALES ARE NOT MY FRIEND RIGHT NOW.

 As a matter of fact they are out of sight and in the closet! Maybe that's where the cookies should be too! 

4. I WANT TO JOIN A GYM

It intimidates me.

5. I NEED TO BE IN TWO PLACES AT ONE TIME!

My daughter misses me when I am here ( I miss her too) and my husband misses me when I am there. (and apparently so do some of our nosy neighbors, that I have never met, who don't mind asking B.J. where I am and when I am coming back)   

6. IT'S NICE TO BE MISSED 


7. "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'VE GOT UNTIL IT'S GONE".
 I experienced that this week when ye ole laundromat at the apartment complex was closed due to maintenance. I hate not having my own washer and dryer but I took the convenience of having one nearby for granted. In my book sharing a washer and dryer is the equivalent of sharing serving spoons at a buffet style restaurant except you don't need quarters (and lots of them) to use the serving spoons.  I will try not to complain "too much" anymore because it IS nice to be able to walk to the laundromat and not have to sit and wait on the clothes to wash and dry OR to have to load them in your car! 

8. "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'VE GOT UNTIL IT'S GONE".
Not to sound braggadocios or any thing, but my tree WAS pretty this last year and I miss it!
          

9. CRIME SCENE
Here! At our apartment complex! Yellow police tape and everything!  Seems they found a body!  Yikes! Don't know any details yet. So far it is an unsolved mystery. ( at least it is for me aka Gladys Cravats)

10. I GOT LOST YESTERDAY.
But that was not an entirely bad thing because I found my way home (with a little help from B.J.)  I also made a discovery while on my little "adventure".  My favorite coffee is McDonald's coffee! I've tried the "other" expensive ones and in my opinion McDonald's is the "cake"! The price being the "icing"! The McDonald's here is located inside Walmart and I have hated having to go inside Walmart every time I wanted a cup of coffee. Low and behold if I didn't find another one (McDonald's) yesterday while trying to find my way home.  Funny thing is: You can see it from Walmart.  Why did I never see it before now? Another unsolved mystery!    

11. NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS
When you don't make them you don't have to worry about breaking them.  New Year's resolutions stress me to the max!  I beat myself up over them!

12. MY TO DO LIST
I may not have made any resolutions but I DO have a list of things I need to get accomplished this year. They are all related to establishing our life here in Texas.  This list stresses me out waaaay more than any New Year's resolution list ever has. 
-church
-beauty salon
-new apartment or house (hopefully one that is crime free)
-family practice doctor
-gynecologist
-ophthalmologist
-dermatologist 
-sell the house
-veterinarian
- pet groomer
-bank 
-gym
-accountant (for taxes)

13. CAN CHECK OFF MY TO DO LIST
-church (maybe)
-beauty salon
-bank

14. THE FLU
The death toll is rising here in Texas and it is scary.  Young, healthy people have died even after taking a flu shot. 

15. ANTIQUES
They make me happy!  Going to Fort Worth this weekend to shop. Can't wait. I dream of turning my love of antiques into a part time business somehow, somewhere, and someday.  

16. MY POODLE
She is here in Texas with us.  Good because she helps to keep me company.  Bad because we are not sure what we will do with her when we go out of town.  We also live upstairs making it inconvenient to take her out. 

17. SPRING-TIME
I am ready for it! I don't like cold weather!  After the holidays, I am ready for winter to be over.

18.  EATING OUT
Also makes me happy!  I love to decorate, like to clean, and hate to cook!   We have found some great restaurants here in Texas and I can't wait to go back to them.

19. CLASSES
B .J. wants us  to take a class offered here that would give us a license to chase storms.  I think I am going to need more than a license to chase a Texas Tornado!  I also want to take a camera class that starts next month.    

20. WHAT DO THEY HAVE IN COMMON?
Blue jars and rabbits? These are a few of my favorite things! That and struggling for #20 because my OCD will not let me stop on #19!
    
UNTIL NEXT TIME, HAVE A GREAT DAY! 


No comments:

Post a Comment