More and more each day Ennis Texas is feeling like home! My first few weeks here were pretty tough. I cried, I kept my suitcase packed at all times in anticipation of leaving, and my security blanket was an airline ticket in hand for a return flight home.
I have been back here since October 20 which is the longest time yet! But two weeks from today we will turn our car towards home and drive to Petal, MS to spend Thanksgiving with our family! I can't wait to decorate my house for Christmas, shop with my daughter, see my parents, and spend some time with my son and daughter-in-law! Oh yea, and the dogs!
In the meantime and before I begin to take some of the things that intrigued me when I first drove into this town for granted, I wanted to share them with my family and friends. Here is a glimpse into Ennis, Texas:
1. The bluebonnets are spectacular in April. They hold a Bluebonnet Festival every year. I asked God as we drove here for the very first time to let me fall in love with Ennis and this is what He gave me, (By the way, it was in May and everyone told us it was unusual for them to still be blooming)
2. There is a donut shop downtown called Heavenly Donuts. And they're not kidding. The best I have ever eaten!
3. The Veterans Memorial Park is new.
4. I want to live in this old grain silo! It's in the middle of town.
5. Evidently this is a big deal here if you're into racing, which I'm not, but B.J. is, so we've been! Texas Motorplex Speedway:
6. Very little shopping, but of course there is a Walmart.
7. Can't wait to go to the drive-in movie!
8. Disappointed when the man sitting in a vacant lot beside Walmart is not there singing! He kinda sorta sounds like Willie Nelson. I have not figured out why he's there. I think he has Cd's and wants donations.
9. I got a personal tour of this beautiful house:
10. Ennis has a Czechoslovakian heritage. Chek people and their influence are still here.
11. What-a-Burger's are the McDonalds! There is a McDonalds here, but What-A-Burger is more popular. They have great food!
12. Sunsets are beautiful!
13. Sunflowers are gorgeous!
14. Flea Markets every weekend close enough to drive to! First Monday, Canton; Second Monday, Bowie and Waxahachie TX; Third Monday, McKinney TX
15. Home Sweet Home!