Monday, November 14, 2011

Here Is Where We Stand...

...in the bedroom.

O.K. I am getting a little nervous.  Thanksgiving is just around the corner and my house looks like it could be featured on the Hoarders show.  Seriously!



Before we started emptying the master bedroom to paint it I had already made up my mind to go ahead and do something about the carpet in there.  And it's a good thing! See those spots? Battery acid! The batteries in the exercise equipment we moved out had corroded and spilled all over the carpet. I didn't even attempt to clean it since we were about to do this anyway:





This is just one pile of dirt that was swept up.  I am ashamed to tell you there were many more. It's amazing.  I keep a clean house. Really! I like to vacuum and do so often, but I guess 18 years is a long time for dirt to accumulate underneath carpet, not to even mention the stains we found.  I have no clue about their origin.  Disgusting, that's what it was!


So...my bedroom redo is going to take a little longer than expected (what else?) since we (we as in us, not them) are putting in a new floor.  I keep telling myself it will be worth it in the end.

And that's where we stand with this little DIY project. I'll continue to update as it progresses.    

No comments:

Post a Comment