Monday, October 24, 2011

My Window Treatment





Like? No? Are you sure?  I thought I would set a new trend.  It's called "Shabby Wrap" and it's so easy to achieve and inexpensive too.  Mr. Picker actually did this all by himself, so if he can do it, then you can do it.  

OK...all joking aside.  Here's the scoop: ( But, seriously, this IS my window treatment - at least for the time being anyway).  We've just finished painting the master bedroom.  Before we started painting, I was set on removing these top mouldings, but impatience changed my mind because I knew all the sheet-rock damage would have to be repaired and I was ready to get the show on the road. 

When we built our house stone ages ago, we (for some unremembered reason) chose to put short windows in this room (unlike in the other rooms where they go all the way to the floor).  I know all the King's men and all the King's horses (in the decorating world) will tell you to hang your curtains close to the ceiling and all the way to the floor. But I am kinda liking this "Shabby Wrap" look.  Well... maybe not exactly the shabby and not really the wrap. However, I have decided to defy the "laws of gravity" and keep my window treatment between the top moulding and the sill, using something like a bamboo shade, not sure yet. 

Anything has to look better than this.  Don't you think?
  

I will keep you updated on the progress of this room.  These do-it-yourself projects seem to take us a little longer than they use to!  Hmmm.  Wonder why?

No comments:

Post a Comment