Monday, August 25, 2014

Furniture Shopping

Give me an antique store any day over a furniture store!! 

However...our growing need for what I call "soft" furniture forced us into the furniture stores this weekend. We have been in Texas for over a year with no sofa. And since the house does not have a downstairs bedroom we decided that a sleeper sofa would come in handy for guests who may not want to or cannot climb the stairs.  

I can honestly say that I enjoyed nothing about the experience! We purchased the only sleeper sofa that appealed to me and now I am just holding my breath and hoping it was not the wrong choice because given the fact that it's only our 3rd sofa purchase in 35 years, it may be another 12 before we buy another one! 

The sofa is a very light color, kind of olive green and off white ticking.  The fabric is not a heavy weight upholster fabric so I am a little concerned about how well it will hold up.  We did purchase the 5 year protection plan so that if anything happens to it they will send someone out to fix it or replace it if it can't be fixed.  We did not purchase the upgraded mattress so this may be something we have to go back and do later! 

No pics of it yet.  It will not be here until later this week.

We also bought a couple of chairs - different store.   I can always use them somewhere else when I find what I really want for this table. They are very inexpensive but look ok and will serve the purpose for a while.  This area has been convenient for us to use when we get on our laptops or to play a game of Yahtzee! 




Happy Monday everyone. I have been nominated for the ALS ice bucket challenge (thanks to my daughter)!! Going to psych myself up! 









No comments:

Post a Comment