Sunday, December 18, 2011

(H)ALL Done

Well, not exactly, but closer.  I am not sure we EVER actually finish projects around here!!  It seems like they get to a certain point and then come to a screeching halt.

BTW: It was no accident that I did not take pics before the bare concrete floors.  I could not "bare" showing that nasty carpet to anyone!!  As I stated before,  I refused to even turn the lights on in there it was so bad.  I had shampooed it many many times, but it was no longer "cleanable."

Here is a sneak peak of what I want to put on the end wall although I am not sure it will fit. According to the measurements it will fit, but I'm afraid it will look crowded.  The only way to tell is to put it there and that's not going to be an easy task.  It is very tall and very heavy.  And then if I DO place it there, it will have to be moved again because I want to refinish it.  I painted it a couple of years ago, but have never really liked it.  I have an idea of what I want to do, but it's going to take a lot of work.  We'll see!

Here is the runner I placed on the floor.  Not too crazy about it, but it was cheap and will serve its purpose for a little while: to keep it a little warmer in the house and to protect the floors because this is such a high traffic area.  We bought it at Lowe's and was sold by the foot.  It only cost $37.00, so I will leave it until I just can't stand it anymore.


Here is a closer look:
 I also want to create a wall gallery in here with family photos.

See, I told you!  So close and yet so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment