Sunday, September 25, 2011

BEFORE & AFTER

FINALLY!

I have been waiting and waiting for this post!  I have had several projects going at one time and couldn't seem to get one finished.

This dresser was a huge undertaking.  It is my first big piece to paint and didn't think I would ever finish.  It seemed like the drawers were having babies.  But I am so pleased with the way it turned out.  My camera just doesn't do it justice.  It was really the perfect piece for me to paint.  We bought it off the show room floor from a furniture store that was going out of business so it was cheap, cheap, cheap!  It is solid wood, no particleboard.  I didn't really care for the finish so there was nothing to lose.  It wasn't as if I was painting a priceless antique or a family heirloom. All the details made for a wonderfully distressed piece!

Before:

After:








Joining Wow Us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style and Restore Interiors and Decore To Adore and Potpourri Party #5 @ 2805 and Feathered Nest Friday and Home Sweet Home and At the Picket Fence

19 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Lynn! Love the color combo you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! You did a great job!!! I love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn you are hysterical!! YOUR piece truly is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out great! I love the contrasting colors. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is absolutely lovely! I love the color choice, and I think the way you painted it played up the details in the piece perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynn it is fabulous, great job, it is perfect!!

    I have just linked up with Laura's party!
    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your transformation is just fabulous. You did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynn, Thank you for sharing this beautiful transformation at the Open House party. The dresser looks fabulous and I love the colors.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just GORGEOUS! The details are so very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. NO, this is just TOO much goodness for one post!
    The touches of blue. Sigh.

    Oh I just really love this! You are so creative.

    Thank you so very much for linking up to Fall In Love Wednesdays.

    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice. Looks like it was worth all the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet this was an undertaking! That's a huge piece! It looks lovely. So much more light and updated. :)

    PS I have a $50 cash giveaway going on at my blog till Monday. Come by when you have a chance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks you so much for linking this gorgeous piece to Potpourri Friday! Your participation is appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowzers what an awesome facelift. It looks so much better, you can really see the details now. ENJOY
    Hugs,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lynn,
    That turned out just beautiful. I love the how you highlighted it with the two paint colors. Thank you for linking it to Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sooo lovely!!! Sharing this at tonights Feathered Nest Friday- thanks for linking up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Major love for this piece and a high five to you!
    It's fabulous. And you kept up with all those drawer babies just fine. ; )
    New follower!
    ~Tina

    ReplyDelete
  18. REALLLLLY nice! For anyone who would wonder how DIFFERENT a piece can look from dark/heavy wood to this UTTERLY charming piece it is now-- just show them a post like THIS!

    Top notch- well done!

    Visiting from Wow Us Wednesday,
    Smiles, and thanks for sharing :D
    ~Suzanne in NW Illinois

    ReplyDelete